Sustainability in Vår Energi
Energy plays a fundamental role in meeting the primary needs of society and securing international stability and prosperity. Protecting nature and the environment while covering the world’s energy needs is a challenge that can only be solved by the collaborative effort of nations, businesses, organizations, political bodies, and civil society.
Sustainability is an essential part of how we conduct our business in Vår Energi. We realize that our activities have both positive and negative effects on the communities and environment around us. Our aim is to create long-term value through managing resources in a responsible and sustainable manner.
Our main ambitions:
- 50% reduction in GHG emissions from operated assets in 2030 (Scope 1)
- Near zero GHG emissions from operated assets in 2050 (Scope 1)
- All new greenfield developments shall be electrified with power from shore or from renewable offshore power production
- Reduce emissions through R&D
- Safest operator on the NCS
- 40% gender diversity in the entire organization
- Sustainability to be considered in all tenders where material and feasible
- Engage local communities to create value
- Zero discharge of environmentally hazardous substances
Adoption of United Nation’s SDGs
Our strategic focus on sustainable growth is a vehicle for continuously strengthening our sustainability performance. This is done through both minimizing negative impacts and increasing positive effects on society, the environment and climate.
Vår Energi has adopted the United Nation’s strategic vision for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with particular attention to SDGs where the company can make real and concrete impact.
Vår Energi’s strategy for long-term value creation:
- Nobody gets hurt or ill
- Prioritize climate
- Local value creation
- Innovation, efficiency, and collaboration