Vår Energi guest access
Guest access enables users without a Vår Energi employee ID to access applications and data owned or published by Vår Energi. This site will show you how to set up your guest account and how to log on after the initial setup is completed.
To be able to use guest access, you need a cell phone to run the Microsoft Authenticator app or receive an SMS as a second factor of authentication. We recommend setting up the Authenticator app.
Invited as a guest to Vår Energi’s environment
- Once added as a guest in Vår Energi, you will receive an email with information about the specific resource together with a link, click on the link to start the onboarding process.
- You will be directed to a Vår Energi page where you will be asked to accept that Vår Energi can access and process your data to create an account according to Vår Energi’s polices. You need to accept this to be able to proceed, click Accept.
- Once accepted, you will receive a message saying that Vår Energi will require more information to protect your account. Click Next.
- After pressing Next, you will be requested to set up “Multi Factor Authentication (MFA)” to secure your account. Please download the Microsoft Authenticator app to your mobile device if you do not have it installed already. Then click Next.
You do have the possibility to use SMS instead of the Microsoft Authenticator app. However, it is recommended to use the app, as it gives you a more user-friendly MFA experience
- When Microsoft Authenticator is downloaded, you will be prompted to configure Microsoft Authenticator (Set up an authenticator app as a two-step verification method (Microsoft.com))
Please note: You will only need to follow these steps the first time you log in. In the future, you will only need to authenticate through the approval notification received from the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile device or your preferred authentication method.
Switch between organizations in Teams
After following the onboarding procedure, you should be able to access the Vår Energi resource you have been given access to. If you got added as a guest to a Vår Energi team you now have the possibility to switch between your organization and Vår Energi (tenants) – click on your profile picture within the Teams app to switch between organizations.
How to get support?
– If you need help, please contact your Vår Energi contact person
Is a phone required for guest access?
– Yes, to use guest access you must have a cell phone for onboarding and authentication.
Can a shared account be set up as a guest?
– No, Multi-Factor Authentication is tied to a unique phone and therefore this will not work
Does Vår Energi manage the password for the Guest account?
– No, the password for your guest account is managed by your organization.
Does the guest account affect my company account?
– No, Vår Energi only gets necessary information from your organization to be able to authenticate you as a guest
Why must I sign-in “twice” when connection to Vår Energi?
– Vår Energi will require that you re-authenticate on a regular basis. When this happens, you will first prove your identity by authenticating to your own organization. If your organization confirms your authentication, you will be asked by Vår Energi to prove yourself by using your configured choice of multi-factor authentication (MFA).
How often will I need to use multi-factor authentication (MFA)?
– Every 7th day