Local value creation
Creating local value such as industrial development and opportunities for local businesses through our activities is one of Vår Energi’s main business objectives. We want to contribute to employment, industrial development and competence building in all areas where we operate.
Vår Energi takes corporate social responsibility (CSR) in all areas where we operate by providing local communities with career opportunities and by supporting a variety of recreational, cultural, and competence-building projects.
We pay particular attention to creating long lasting industrial ripple effects and local value in the communities where we do business by providing opportunities for local suppliers wherever possible.
Vår Energi’s local engagement program focuses on:
- Investing in local communities near the company’s operations in the Stavanger region and in Troms and Finnmark.
- Performing research and development activities in northern and western Norway.
- Using local suppliers as far as possible.
- Investing in projects and collaborations in primary, secondary, and higher education, to increase awareness and competency.
- Supporting cultural projects to increase communities’ attractiveness for existing and potential new residents.
- Conducting third party, independent research, mapping local ripple effects on a regular basis.