Code of ethics
Compliance with laws and regulations, internal rules, and ethical integrity and fairness, is a constant commitment and duty of all of Vår Energi’s people, and shall characterize the conduct of our organisation.
Vår Energi’s business and corporate activities shall be carried out in a transparent, honest and fair way, in good faith, and in full compliance with competition protection rules.
The Vår Energi Code of Ethics is brought to the attention of every person or body having business relations with Vår Energi.
More details can also be found in our Anti-Corruption Management System Guideline (MSG).
Doing the right thing – Vår Energi’s Whistleblowing Service
The company’s long-term success is built on making business in a fair and ethical manner, as described in our Code of Ethics above.
Vår Energi’s personnel and any external parties interacting with us have an important role to play by raising concerns of any suspected or potential breaches of law or company policies. Examples of such breaches are:
- corruption or other financial crime
- harassment and discrimination
- conditions that could cause a danger to people’s life and health
- failure to meet requirements for privacy and information security
- abuse of authority
- a working environment that do not meet the requirements of the Working Environment Act
- situations that pose a threat to the climate and the environment
We encourage you to raise the concern directly through our whistleblower Communication Channel, which is provided by a third party, WhistleB*.
The service has been set up to ensure confidentiality and to protect the rights of the involved parties. The Communication Channel can be applied on any device, including smart phones.
You do not need proof of your suspicions, but all messages must be made in good faith. Vår Energi will not implement sanctions against anyone reporting in a responsible manner.
* “WhistleB ensures the anonymity of the whistleblower. The service is separate from the organisation´s IT environment. WhistleB does not track IP addresses or other data that could identify a person sending a message. Messages are encrypted and can only be decrypted by designated individuals. WhistleB cannot decrypt and read messages.” Source: WhistleB